The Great Paradox (3 of 10) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.The Great Paradox (3 of 10)
Series: Philippians - Conquering Life's Dungeons and Dragons
Dr. Larry Osborne
Setting The Scene:
Philippians 1:15-16 and Philippians 4:2-3
- IF. . . God has done anything for you (vs 1)
- THEN . . .
1. Get along with one another! (vs 2)
2. Put others first. (vs 3-4)
- THE BOTTOM LINE . . . Follow Jesus' Example (vs 5)
- Notice The Cost (vs 6-8)
- Notice The Reward (vs 9- 11)
The Great Paradox:
Philippians 2:1-11/ Matthew 20:20-28/ Genesis 13:5-17/ Proverbs 18:12/ 1 Peter 5:5-6
- The path to greatness is found on a road called "Servanthood."
How To Get "THERE" From "HERE":
1. Stop keeping score!
2. Start at home.
3. Do it for Jesus.
4. Remember the gain is in the pain.
5. Practice little acts of servanthood.
TAKING IT HOME
1. As a result of this weekend's message or homework, is there someone you can or should begin to put first or serve in a greater way?
2. We saw in this weekend's passage (Philippians 2:1-4) that the Apostle Paul points to all that God has done for us as the primary motivation for being willing to take on a humble servant's role in our relationships. What are some things God has done for you that you are particularly thankful for?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: What was your favorite lesson, insight, or "aha" from this weekend's sermon on The Great Paradox of serving others?
1. If you had an unexpected free day with absolutely no responsibilities and could do anything you wanted, what would you do?
There are 3298 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1649 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!