Security (10 of 10) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Security (10 of 10)
Series: Philippians - Conquering Life's Dungeons and Dragons
Dr. Larry Osborne
Read The LARGE PRINT!
A wise man doesn't take every guarantee at face value -
He reads the fine print!
A wise man doesn't take all of God's promises at face value -
He reads the LARGE PRINT!
The Passage and The Promise:
- Remember the "Over-the-Shoulder Principle."
A real letter to real people.
- Notice that the Philippians had. . .
generously supported Paul's ministry
from the beginning
over the long haul
- And BECAUSE OF THAT. . .
God would meet all of their needs.
- Needs not wants.
- In "accordance with" - not just "out of" God's riches!
The LARGE PRINT:
- If we want Philippian-like security - we need Philippian-like generosity!
1. Off the top.
Philippians 4:15/ Proverbs 3:9-10/ Malachi 3:8-11/ Haggai 1:2-12 and 2:15-19
2. Over the long haul.
Philippians 4:16/ 2 Corinthians 11:9/ 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 and 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
2 Corinthians 8:1-5/ 2 Samuel 24:18-25
Growth Group Homework
1. At times, it can be tricky to know the difference between a need and want. Based upon your life observations, what are two or three typical "wants" that people confuse for "needs"?
How would you define the difference between a "want" and a "need"?
2. Which of the three traits of generosity that characterized the ...
There are 3018 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1509 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!