This content is part of a series.
Lead By Example (6 of 10)
Series: Doing Church God's Way
Pastor Chris Brown
1 Timothy 4:7-16
- Godliness doesn't just happen.
1 Timothy 4:7, Ephesians 4:17, Hebrews 5:11-14, Colossians 2:6-7
Godliness = Having the character and attitude of God.
- Godliness is the only thing that lasts.
1 Timothy 4:8-10, Matthew 6:19, James 4:13-17, James 5:3
- Godliness will cost you something.
1 Timothy 4:15-16, Matthew 25:14-30, Matthew 16:24, Luke 14:33, Philippians 3:8
To run well you have to:
FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
1. Do I want everyone to know what I said today?
2. Do I want everyone to know what I did today?
3. How did I treat the unlovely today?
4. How did I handle my difficulties today?
5. Were my motives and thoughts pure today?
- Godliness starts with a daily decision.
1 Timothy 4:13-14, James 2:14-19, John 12:26
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. We heard this week that godliness is being "God-like" or having the character and attitude of God. Yet, really knowing what that looks like can still be a bit confusing. After reading the following verses, how would you expand the de ...
There are 2518 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1259 character sample of the full content.