This content is part of a series.
For Richer or Poorer (10 of 10)
Series: Doing Church God's Way
1 Timothy 6:3-21
SIMPLIFYING THE PASSAGE:
1 Timothy 6:3-21
Godliness and contentment are the two ingredients for great gain.
5 PRINCIPLES TO LIVE BY:
1. The Gospel isn't a product that fixes life's problems.
1 Timothy 6:3-5
2. It's all about our desires, not our possessions.
1 Timothy 6:6-10, Philippians 4:10-13, Hebrews 13:5-6, Mark 4:19
3. Remember the location of our true home and riches.
1 Timothy 6:11-12, 2 Corinthians 9:6-15, Psalm 62:10, Deuteronomy 8:13-14, Psalm 49:10-20
4. We can't take it with us, but we can send it ahead.
1 Timothy 6:17-19, Ephesians 1:18, Matthew 6:20 and 19:21, Luke 12:33
5. It is a daily fight under a generous General.
1 Timothy 6:10 and 17, 1 Chronicles 29:10-13
TAKING IT HOME:
1 Timothy 6:17-19
- Is your identity found in what you have, or don't have?
- Is your security found in what you have, or don't have?
- How do you use what you have for the Kingdom?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Was there one point from this week's sermon that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you more than the others?
1. What's your favorite theme park and what part of it do you like the best?
2. We live in a society where most people enjoy many material possessions. What would be a non-essential material possession that would be easy for you to give up? Name one that would be more challenging to give up besides your residence or vehicle.
3. Can you think of any ways people have positively invested in your ...
There are 3246 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1623 character sample of the full content.