This content is part of a series.
The Real Road Less Traveled (5 of 8)
Series: Psalms - Greatest Hits of the OT
Dr. Larry Osborne
A SHORT PSALM WITH A HIGH STANDARD
Psalm 15/ Matthew 5:48 and Romans 7:21-25
FOUR QUESTIONS WORTH ASKING
1. Are my words helpful or hurtful?
Psalm 15:2-3/ James 1:26/ Ephesians 4:29
- There is a time and place for negative and harsh words.
2 Timothy 4:14-15/ 1 Timothy 5:19-20/ Mark 12:38-40 and Galatians 2:11-14
- Before you pass on a negative report, ask yourself . . .
Proverbs 10:12 and 16:28/ Proverbs 26:17/ Proverbs 11:12
- Is this true - am I sure?
- Is this motivated by hurt - or a genuine need to know?
- Will this make things better or worse?
2. Are my heroes godly or godless?
Psalm 15:4/ 2 Timothy 2:24-26/ Proverbs 24:19-20/ Proverbs 29:27/ Proverbs 20:26
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
- Who do I look up to, try to impress and emulate?
3. Do I keep my commitments?
Psalm 15:4/ Matthew 5:37 and James 5:12/ Proverbs 20:25 and Joshua 9:1-27/ Proverbs 20:28
- The small stuff?
- The inconvenient stuff?
- The painful stuff?
- How to avoid a coup: Love and dependability.
4. Do I help the helpless?
Psalm 15:5/ Proverbs 29:7/ Leviticus 23:22 and Exodus 22:25/ Proverbs 22:22 and 28:8
- This isn't dealing with modern-day investments.
- It's a warning against ta ...
There are 2836 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1418 character sample of the full content.