This content is part of a series.
What To Expect When God Takes Over (7 of 8)
Series: Psalms - Greatest Hits of the OT
Dr. Larry Osborne
SHEPHERDS and SHEEP
John 10:11-16/ Matthew 9:36 and 1 Peter 2:25
- This is not a psalm about valleys; it's a psalm about the shepherd!
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN GOD TAKES OVER
1. Expect some frustration and confusion.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures." 1 Corinthians 12:7-10/ 1 Samuel 8:6-9:2
- God's "No's" are never arbitrary.
- Never compromise to get around a "No" or "Not yet."
2. Expect to be led gently.
"He leads me beside still waters." 1 Corinthians 10:13/ Matthew 11:28-30
- God always takes into account our weaknesses and limitations.
3. Expect a blessing not a beating.
"He restores my soul" Ezekiel 18:23 and 32/ Matthew 9:10-13
- God is in the restoration business - judgment is always a last resort.
4. Expect to be led clearly.
"He guides me in paths of righteousness, for his name's sake." Proverbs 4:18-19/ Psalm 119
- God's will is easy to find - just obey what you already know!
5. Expect every valley to eventually lead to the mountain top.
"Even in the valley I will fear no evil - He prepares a table in the presence of my enemies"
1 Peter 1:6-7/ James 1:2-4/ Romans 8:28/ Psalm 73
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. Larry mentioned several charac ...
There are 2841 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1420 character sample of the full content.