This content is part of a series.
The Nine Guys Who Missed Thanksgiving (1 of 4)
Series: The Optimism Factor
A QUESTION AND AN OBSERVATION:
- What does it take to get you to use your ''Master'' Card?
- Obedience always precedes God's blessings.
GRATITUDE: IT'S WAY MORE THAN AN ATTITUDE!
1. It's a decision and an action.
Luke 17:15, Philippians 4:4-7, Colossians 3:17
2. It's an act of humility.
Luke 17:16, Deuteronomy 8:11-17
3. It draws us closer to God.
Luke 17:12 and 16, Psalm 100:4, James 4:7-10, Romans 1:21
4. It's God's will.
1 Thessalonians 5:18, Ephesians 5:19
PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE:
TAKING IT HOME
1. We've all found ourselves at some point falling into the trap of not showing gratitude just as the nine lepers did. Which of the following gratitude roadblocks could most likely become a barrier for you?
- Not realizing all I have been given
- Taking for granted what I know I have
- Chip on my shoulder / Holding a grudge
- Not being where I want to be in life
- Not getting what I ask for
- I deserve it
- God still hasn't answered my prayers
- No one thanked me
- Taking the time to say thank you
2. 0 to 60 in Gratitude - In 60 seconds write as fast as you can the things you're thankful for in the following three categories:
Who God is
3. Most of what we focused on this week was saying thanks to God. But there are many people in our lives that have done great things to get us where we are today. Is there anyone ...
There are 3187 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1594 character sample of the full content.