This content is part of a series.
The High Cost of Grumbling (3 of 4)
Series: The Optimism Factor
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Corinthians 10:10
THE HIGH COST OF GRUMBLING!
1 Corinthians 10:1-13
- These aren't stories - they're examples.
- Don't grumble as some of them did and were killed!
HOW TO TURN A ROUGH YEAR
INTO A MISERABLE LIFE:
- Forget God's blessings.
Call God a liar - Criticize his leaders - whine about life in general.
SOME IMPORTANT DISTINCTIONS:
- It's OK to complain to God - It's not OK to complain about God.
Job 1:21 and 2:7-10/ Psalm 22:1 and Matthew 27:46
- It's OK to be hating life - It's not OK to bail on God.
Job 10:18-19 and 13:15
- Negativity is a choice - We can choose what we focus on.
Philippians 2:14; 1 Peter 4:9 and James 5:9/ Psalm 100:4; Colossians 4:2 and 1 Thessalonians 5:18
LESSONS FROM THE DESERT:
1. Negativity breeds fear - Giving thanks breeds faith.
2. Negativity snowballs and spreads.
3. Negativity repels.
4. Negativity is self-fulfilling.
5. Negativity short-circuits God's best.
6. Negativity kills.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. The Psalms are full of examples of David voicing his complaints to God. What can you learn from the following passages about what acceptable com ...
There are 2634 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1317 character sample of the full content.