Getting Started With God (1 of 10) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Getting Started with God (1 of 10)
Series: Lessons from 1st John
1 John 1:1-2:2
Two questions that separate those who've actually started the journey from those who've never left base camp.
JOHN'S HANDY DANDY
SPIRITUAL LIE DETECTOR BOOKLET
1 John 1:3 / 2:1 / 2:26 / 5:13
- Purpose: Written so we can tell the difference between a genuine Christian and a bogus Christian.
- 10 Spiritual Tests: Scattered through 22 different passages
1 John 1:1-2:2
IF WE WANT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD,
THERE'S ONE THING WE MUST NEVER FORGET
1 John 1:5/ Genesis 3:1-5/ Hebrews 11:6
- ''God is light, in him there is NO darkness at all.''
- The moment we start to doubt God's goodness, we're headed for spiritual trouble.
TWO QUESTIONS THAT SEPARATE
SPIRITUAL POSERS FROM GENUINE CHRISTIANS
1. The Basic Morality question: Am I walking in the light?
1 John 1:6-7/ Galatians 5:19-21, Matthew 5:14-16/ John 3:19-21 and Ephesians 5:8-16/ 2 Peter 1:3-11
2. The Spiritual Humility question: Do I see myself as a sinner?
1 John 1:8 - 2:2 / Romans 3:23 and 6:23/ Romans 7:14-25/ Galatians 2:21/ Romans 5:6-10
Growth Group Homework
1. If you had to travel 500 miles, which mode of transportation, terrain and person on the journey would you choose and why?
Convertible Sports Car
Back Wood Dirt Road Or Trail
A Famous Entertainer
George W. Bush
A Famous Athlete
2. Ho ...
There are 3381 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1690 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!