This content is part of a series.
Frogs To Princes (5 of 10)
Series: Lessons from 1st John
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 John 3:1-10
Genuine Christians aren't just forgiven - they're changed!
- From Frogs to Princes (1 John 3:1)
We've been kissed by God! The curse has been broken.
Ephesians 2:1-5/ Colossians 1:12-15/ John 1:10-13
Don't expect the frogs to celebrate or understand.
John 15:18-21/ 1 Peter 4:12-14/ 2 Corinthians 4:4/ John 3:19-21 and 1 John 5:19-20
- The Best Is Yet To Come (1 John 3:2-3)
The most amazing thing about heaven is not what we'll get.
It's what we'll become. Matthew 6:19-20/ Revelation 21:3-5/ John 14:1-3
Romans 8:17-18/ 1 John 3:2/ 2 Corinthians 3:18/ 2 Thessalonians 2:14-15
- The Biggest Difference Between A Frog and A Prince (1 John 3:4-10)
Frogs continue in sin.
A prince has the desire and power to fight it off.
John 3:19-21/ Romans 1:18-32 and 2 Peter 2:20-21/ John 1:29 and Philippians 2:12-13
A CLOSER LOOK AT. . .
- The IRRATIONALITY of God's Love
He died for us when we didn't want it or deserve it.
Romans 5:6-8 and Colossians 2:13-14/ 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
He knew full well that some of us would turn our back on it.
1 John 2:2/ John 1:10-13
- This Week's TELLING QUESTION
The Sin question: Am I making excuses or progress?
Overcoming sin is a life-long process and battle.
We have been given everything we need.
2 Peter 1:3-4/ 1 Corinthians 10:13
We have to be willing to do our part.
2 Peter 1:5-11
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's teaching and study, is there anything important for you to remember in living out a changed life for Jesus?
2. Is there any "excuse" or "battle" you need prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
This week we heard how, as a follower of Christ, God wants to change us from frogs to pr ...
There are 3733 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1866 character sample of the full content.