Love Is a Verb (6 of 10) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Love Is a Verb (6 of 10)
Series: Lessons from 1st John
Pastor Chris Brown
1 John 3:11-23
Those who have been genuinely changed by God no longer settle for empty words of love - they know love is a verb.
A TALE AS OLD AS TIME:
1 John 3:11, Exodus 19:5-6, Micah 6:6-8, John 13:34-35, 15:12-14, Matthew 5:13-16
THE SECOND LOVE QUESTION:
1 John 2:11
Am I meeting needs, or just feeling sorry for people?
FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH OUR VOWS:
1 John 2:11-24
- Love is a command, not an option.
John 13:34-35, Matthew 5:43-48
- Love is outward proof of an inward change.
1 John 3:14, James 1:27, 1 John 2:3-6
- Love has an example to follow .
1 John 3:16, John 20:21, Ephesians 5:2, Mark 8:34-35
- Love is not an attitude, or an emotion, it is an action.
1 John 3:17-18, John 3:16, James 2:14-17
- Love will cost us something.
1 John 3:17-18, Philippians 2:3-4, Luke 10:25-37
- Loving others draws us closer to God.
1 John 3:19-24, John 14:15-21
This is just the end.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Think and reflect for a few moments on the level of priority you've given to loving people in your life recently. Have you given it the priority it deserves?
Do you think you need to make any changes? If so, what are they?
2. Is there a situation in your life requiring "tough love" that you would like prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from this week's sermon, which particular point or passage of Scripture most challenged, confused, or caught your attention?
1. Who is one of the most loving people you know? How do they show their love to you and others?
2. Can you think of a time when you saw love change another per ...
There are 3577 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1788 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!