This content is part of a series.
Thriving In Babylon (1 of 11)
Dr. Larry Osborne
It's no easy thing to live a godly life in the midst of an increasingly godless society. But it can be done. Daniel shows us how. He not only survived, he thrived - and changed an entire empire while he was at it.
Daniel 1:1-21/ Revelation 18:1-24
How Bad Was It?
- Babylon: The personification of evil!
- Nebuchadnezzar: Raided God's temple and put the holy things on display in a demonic temple.
- Culture: Astrology and the occult were the government sponsored religion AND core curriculum in the schools.
- Kidnapped - Castrated and his name changed to honor Satan.
- Forced to study the occult and serve an evil king.
DANIEL'S THREE BIG SECRETS
1. Optimism - He knew that. . .
Daniel 1:2/ Romans 13:1-2/ 1 Peter 4:17/ Romans 8:28, 35-39/ Matthew 16:18
- Even in Babylon, God is in control.
- Sometimes the short-term success of the wicked is God's will.
- Panic and despair are not from God.
2. Humility - He knew that. . .
Daniel 1:8-14/ Daniel 2:26-30/ Daniel 4:19/ Daniel 6:19-22/ 2 Timothy 2:24-26
- Everyone deserves respect - even God's enemies.
3. Wisdom - He knew that. . .
Daniel 1:4-8, 17-20/ Daniel 6:10/ Acts 4:18-20
- There's a big ...
There are 4405 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1322 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.