This content is part of a series.
Facing Your Fears (2 of 11)
Pastor Chris Brown
FINDING YOUR FEARS
-What if something happens?
FACING YOUR FEARS
Joshua 1:1-9, 5:13-15, Numbers 13 and 14, John 14:23, 15:1-17, 2 Timothy 1:7
- Strength and courage come from the choices we make,
more than the feelings we have.
- "Do not be afraid" 120 times!
- "Do not fear" 131 times!
- Obedience will always precede God's blessing.
- God's blessings are:
- His presence
- His provision
- A huge home
THE BOTTOM LINE
1 Samuel 4:1-11, Matthew 7:21-23, Romans 8:12-17, 8:28
- Our confidence is not in Christ, but where we are in Christ.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there anything from this week's sermon or study that can help you face a current or future fear?
2. Take a minute and ask God if there is any area where He would like you to obey Him.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Take a minute to look back over your sermon notes or any of the verses that Chris mentioned. Is there a particular truth, application or part of the message that challenged you or caught your attention?
1. Have you ever thought about heaven and the home that God is preparing for His children? What questions would you like to ask God about that place and what it will be like?
2. Have you ever experienced God's presence in the midst of a trial, problem or scary situation? If so, what was it like?
1. Pastor Chris helped us see that true strength and courage in the face of fear are more about the choices we make than the feelings we have. Read Numbers 13:26 - 14:9 and take ...
There are 3303 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1652 character sample of the full content.