This content is part of a series.
Failure and Rejection (5 of 11)
Pastor Chris Brown
Luke 10:38-42 and Psalm 139
A BAD DAY IN A GREAT LIFE
Am I working against God, apart from God, or with God?
DEFYING FAILURE AND REJECTION
Psalm 139, Ephesians 2:10, 1 John 4:7-21, Jeremiah 1:4-5, Ephesians 3:16-19
- God is everywhere.
- God can't leave me alone.
- God is still there when life is unfair.
- Our value is not found in who we are, but Whose we are.
HOW TO PRACTICE GOD'S PRESENCE
Psalm 139, John 15:1-17, Romans 8:28-39, 1 John 2:3-6, Romans 8:5-7
- Follow Dad's rules.
- Accept how Dad sees me.
- Remember how Dad loves me.
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what is most important for you to remember when it comes to practicing the presence of God?
Are there any distractions you need to cut out or steps you need to take to stay connected to God?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, which particular point or passage of Scripture most challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. God has designed and given us a variety of responsibilities, opportunities, or abilities that affirm our self worth. Without worrying about feeling "braggadocios," what are the top two or three things you do that help affirm your sense of personal value?
Do you have any idea when you might cross the line in putting too much ...
There are 2932 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1466 character sample of the full content.