This content is part of a series.
How To Survive A Wilderness Experience (8 of 11)
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE ULTIMATE WILDERNESS EXPERT
Moses and his 40 year trek through the desert
Exodus 13:17 - 14:31/ Exodus 19:1 - 20:21/ Numbers 13:1 - 14:45/ Deuteronomy 2:7 and Nehemiah 9:18-21
HOW TO SURVIVE A WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE
1. Don't assume the wilderness means you've made a wrong turn.
Exodus 13:17-18/ Exodus 14:1-4/ Numbers 14:20-23/ Numbers 14:29-33
2. Stay on the path no matter how scary it gets.
Matthew 4:1-11/ 1 Peter 4:19/ 1 Corinthians 10:1-11/ Hebrews 11:32-40
3. Judge God's goodness by the cross, not by today's trial.
Romans 8:31-39/ Psalm 73:1-28/ Exodus 14:10-14/ Exodus 15:22-24/ Exodus 16:1-3/ Exodus 17:1-4
4. God's guidance and provision always comes one day at a time.
Exodus 13:21-22/ Nehemiah 9:19-21
5. There's always a way out - sometimes it just takes a while.
1 Corinthians 10:13/ Jeremiah 18:1-10
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what's most important for you to remember and why?
Wilderness Survival Passage
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6,7
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, was there any particular point or passage of Scripture that most challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. Can you think of a time in your life when you found yourself in a wilderness type experience? If so, is there anything you're glad you did or wish you would have done differently? If so, explain.
Are there any lessons that you learned then ...
There are 3768 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1884 character sample of the full content.