This content is part of a series.
Skeletons In The Closet (9 of 11)
Pastor Chris Brown
FACING THE TRUTH ABOUT ME
John 4:1-42, John 21:15-19
Not dealing with the past, robs us of our future.
CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET
1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1-2, Luke 19:10, Hebrews 7:24-25, 1 Peter 2:24, Revelation 12:10,
1 Peter 5:8, John 10:10, Romans 7:24-25, Romans 8:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:5-6
- You will have to face the truth.
- You will have to accept the truth.
- You will have to accept grace, not guilt.
LIVING WITH THE DOOR OPEN
Your skeletons can be Satan's greatest weapon,
or God's most powerful tool.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's teaching and study, is there a part of your story that God might want to use to help others? Can you think of anyone who may need to hear that story?
2. God's grace and forgiveness is possible because of the death and resurrection of His son Jesus. Communion reminds us of this amazing truth. Take a couple minutes to read the following passages and reflect on what was accomplished for you by Jesus' death on the cross.
Now read 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 and do what Jesus said....remember.
Growth Group Homework
Take a minute to look back over your sermon notes and reflect on what you heard in this week's message. Is there a particular Scripture, principle, or application that caught your attention or challenged you?
1. W ...
There are 3316 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1658 character sample of the full content.