Fight or Flight? (10 of 11) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Fight or Flight? (10 of 11)
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE BIG QUESTION
- When something about life stinks, should I hang in or move on?
A SIMPLE ANSWER
- If you can get out of pain or a problem ethically - Get out ASAP!
- If you can't get out of pain or a problem ethically - Hang in there!
SOMETHING LOTS OF CHRISTIANS SEEM TO MISS
- When facing temptation - we win by running from it.
Matthew 5:29-30/ 1 Corinthians 6:18/ 1 Timothy 6:9-11/ 2 Timothy 2:22/ Romans 7:21-25
- When facing hardship - we win by standing up to it.
James 1:2-5/ James 4:7/ 1 Peter 5:8-10/ Ephesians 6:13/ 1 Peter 4:19
FOUR POWERFUL QUESTIONS WHEN MAKING A TOUGH DECISION
1. What does God say?
2 Timothy 3:16-17/ Proverbs 3:5-7
2. What do the facts say?
Proverbs 19:2-3/ Proverbs 22:3/ Proverbs 13:16
3. What does wise counsel say?
Proverbs 19:20/ Proverbs 12:15/ Proverbs 15:22/ Proverbs 14:7 and Proverbs 12:5
4. How will this impact others?
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. Larry spoke this weekend about keeping our commitments even when it's difficult to do so. Joshua 9 contains the story of the Israelites making a commi ...
There are 2480 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1240 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!