If It Feels Right It Can't Be Wrong (2 of 8) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.If It Feels Right It Can't Be Wrong (2 of 8)
Series: Satan's Favorite Lies
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE ANCIENT LIE
- Trust your experiences and your conscience.
- The truth about our five senses.
Proverbs 14:12 and 16:25
- The truth about our conscience.
1 Corinthians 4:4/ Romans 1:21 and Ephesians 4:17-18/ Romans 12:2
THE ANCIENT LIE IN MODERN-DAY TERMS
1. I've got total peace about it!
Judges 17:6 and 21:25/ Proverbs 12:15
2. I've prayed about it - and I've got total peace about it.
Numbers 22:1-24:25/ Joshua 13:22 and 2 Peter 2:15
3. This is what everyone else does.
Judges 17:6 and 21:25/ Genesis 6:5-8; 12-14
4. This is how God made me.
1 Peter 4:1-2/ Galatians 6:7-8 and 5:16-23/ Romans 7:18-25
5. I'm just not there yet.
Matthew 19:16-22/ James 4:17
6. My (our) situation is unique.
Romans 7:18-25/ Galatians 6:7-8 and Galatians 5:16-23
RECALIBRATING OUR CONSCIENCE
Romans 12:2/ 2 Timothy 3:16-17/ John 14:26/ Proverbs 12:15 and15:2
- Our conscience is only trustworthy when it's aligned with the Bible, the Holy Spirit, and wise counsel.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. We heard this weekend that the enemy wants to keep us focused on what we think is right and keep us from utilizing the decision-cycle God has given us that flows out of continually checking three major components - Scripture, inner promptings of the Holy Spirit, and wise couns ...
There are 3047 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1524 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!