This content is part of a series.
Money Is The Key To Happiness (4 of 8)
Series: Satan's Favorite Lies
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Timothy 6:5-11
THE ANCIENT LIE
1 Timothy 6:17-19/ Proverbs 11:4 and Luke 12:15-31 and Psalm 49:7-13/ Ecclesiastes 5:10
- Our wealth is a measure of our worth.
- Our wealth is the source of our security.
- Contentment is just around the corner.
THE TRUTH ABOUT MONEY and HAPPINESS
What Does God Promise Us?
1 Timothy 6:5/ 2 Corinthians 11:23-28 and 2 Corinthians 4:15-18
- Eternal Life.
1 Timothy 6:6-8/ Philippians 4:11-13/ Hebrews 13:5-6 and 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
- Contentment = I can cope with it - not I'm loving it!
- Contentment is something we must learn.
- Contentment doesn't preclude drive.
The Three Key Gauges of Toxic Materialism
1 Timothy 6:9-10
1. My deepest and strongest desires.
Proverbs 28:19-20 and 22/ Luke 16:10-11/ Proverbs 19:22
2. The pattern of my decisions.
Luke 16:10-14/ Lot's progression into Sodom (Genesis 13:5-13/ 14:11-12/ 19:1)
3. The level of my dissatisfaction.
Ecclesiastes 5:10/ Proverbs 23:4-5
The Key to Victory
1 Timothy 6:11/ Matthew 6:31-33
1. Know what gives you the gimme's and flee from it!
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
This week we're going to look at some individuals who bought into the lie that money is the key to happiness and one who didn't: Lot who hung out with Abraham, Judas the apostle who betrayed Jesus, and a Rich Fool.
Abram (Abraham) and Lot: Genesis 13:1-13 and Genesis 19:1-29
When disputes arose because of the abundance that Abraham and Lot had accumulated, Abraham took great care to fa ...
There are 3390 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1695 character sample of the full content.