This content is part of a series.
Pain Should Be Avoided At All Costs (7 of 8)
Series: Satan's Favorite Lies
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE ANCIENT LIE
Job 1-2/ Matthew 4:1-10
- Pain and suffering mean God has let me down.
- If there is a way to avoid pain, only a fool doesn't take it.
THE TRUTH ABOUT PAIN and SUFFERING
Romans 5:12/ 1 Corinthians 7:20-21
- Pain and suffering are not God's doing.
- If you can avoid pain ethically, by all means do so.
If you can't - embrace it.
(BUT POWERFUL) RESPONSES
1. A Strange Attitude: Rejoice.
James 1:2-3/ Romans 5:3-5/ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18/ 1 Corinthians 10:10-11/ Romans 12:2
- We can't control our feelings, we can control our thoughts.
- There is always something to be thankful for.
2. A Strange Response: Embrace The Benefits.
James 1:3-4 and Romans 5:3-5/ Hebrews 5:7-8/ 1 Peter 1:6-7 and Matthew 5:10-12/ 2 Corinthians 1:3-6
- Trials build character and confidence.
- Suffering teaches obedience.
- Trials reveal the truth about my faith.
- Suffering creates empathy.
3. A Strange Prayer: Lord, give me wisdom.
James 1:5/ Matthew 26:39-44
- Ask for deliverance, seek wisdom.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. The Bible gives us windows into th ...
There are 2610 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1305 character sample of the full content.