God Grades On A Curve (8 of 8) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.God Grades On A Curve (8 of 8)
Series: Satan's Favorite Lies
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE ANCIENT LIE
- As long as we're sincere - any path works.
- A God of love would never send anyone to hell.
- Lots of good deeds can balance out a few bad deeds.
- Only an ignorant bigot thinks Jesus is the only way.
THE TRUTH ABOUT. . .
Genesis 3:4-6/ Romans 10:1-3/ John 4:22-24
- Sincerity can't turn a lie into truth.
- When it comes to worshiping God, truth matters.
1 John 4:8 and Exodus 34:5-8/ Matthew10:28 and Revelation 20:10-15/ Hebrews 10:26-27/ Proverbs 1:7 and 9:10/
Deuteronomy 29:29 and Isaiah 55:8-9
- God is love, but the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord.
- When we don't agree with God, guess who's right!
GOOD DEEDS and GOD'S LAW
Romans 6:23/ Jeremiah 17:9/ Matthew 5:17-20 and 48/ Hebrews 9-10
- Sin kills. It's far worse and more deadly than we assume.
- Good deeds and religion can't fix it.
JESUS, THE CROSS and THE NARROW WAY
Galatians 2:21 and Matthew 26:39-44/ John 14:6/ Acts 4:12
- If there is any other way, Jesus died needlessly.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. We heard this weekend that one of the enemy's lies is that a God of love would never send anyone to hell. There's no question that the topic of hell can be uncomfortable or even confusing (it's hardly politically correct these days - but neither was J ...
There are 2931 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1466 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!