This content is part of a series.
Rehoboam: Leadership Lost (8 of 8)
Series: How the Good Go Bad
Pastor Larry Osborne
1 Kings 12
A SILVER SPOON AND A DEVASTATING CURSE:
1 Kings 12:1-24 and 11:9-13/ See also 1 Kings 14:21-31 and 2 Chronicles 10:1-14:15
A THEOLOGICAL DILEMMA
DID REHOBOAM HAVE A CHOICE OR
ANY CHANCE AT SUCCESS?
- Some things don't have an easy answer
Deuteronomy 29:29/ Isaiah 55:8-9/ 2 Timothy 2:22-23
- God is sovereign - but what we do really does matter
Jeremiah 18:1-10/ Ezekiel 18:21-32/ 2 Kings 20:1-6
REHOBOAM'S TWO STUPID MISTAKES
- Listening to bad advice
I Kings 12:6-11/ Proverbs 12:15 and 19:20/ Proverbs 14:7 and 15:2/ Proverbs 18:2
1. Am I asking the right people?
2. Am I seeking advice or someone who agrees with me?
- Leading by fear and intimidation
1 Kings 12:12-19/ Proverbs 3:3-4 and 20:28
1. Leaders who last always put the needs of others first
2. Leaders who last are dependable and consistent
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. This week we saw that there are no easy answers when it comes to understanding exactly how God's sovereignty and ou ...
There are 2420 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1210 character sample of the full content.