Snakes On A Plain (4 of 5) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Snakes On A Plain (4 of 5)
Series: Sightings: Jesus in the Old Testament
Pastor Chris Brown
God gives us salvation and freedom.
God's people are impatient and complain.
God disciplines us in order to bless us.
God's people repent.
God saves those who believe.
RANDOM LESSONS FROM A BIZARRE STORY:
1 Corinthians 10:9-10, Philippians 2:14-16, Matthew 11:28-30, John 3:1-21, 2 Corinthians 5:21
- There will always be something to complain about.
- It's ok to complain to God, but not against God.
- There is a huge difference between knowing the truth and believing the truth.
- There are some things only God can heal.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there any complaining or grumbling going on in your life that you could ask God to help you give up?
Often we grumble and complain because we are too focused on what we don't have rather than on all the things God has provided for us. Make a list of the things you have and take some time to thank God for them.
2. Do you think you are experiencing God's discipline in your life right now? If so, what do you think He wants you to do differently?
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching on Snakes on a Plain, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. As you think back on the discipline you experienced in your home growing up, which of these descriptions best characterize the discipline you received? (Choose as many as apply.)
Given mostly by one parent
Closely tied to family rules
Done out of love
Done out of ange ...
There are 3480 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1740 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!