The Faith of Courageous Generosity (2 of 4) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.The Faith of Courageous Generosity (2 of 4)
Series: Courageous Generosity: Love For All People
Introduction: Courageous generosity starts with a generous soul and a generous heart. A generous person is one who gives in the face of adversity. Giving in II Corinthians 9:6 is likened to seed sowing. Everything starts with a seed. Seed is wasted if it is not sown.
I. COURAGEOUS GENEROSITY
A. COURAGEOUS GENEROSITY DEFINED
1. Definition: the attitude that confronts adversity with a spirit of liberality and openhanded generosity in unselfish and faith-filled giving, flowing from a willing heart and magnanimous spirit that inspires others to give with equal courage
2. Key verse: Fierce troubles came down on the people of those churches, pushing them to the very limit. The trial exposed their true colors: They were incredibly happy, though desperately poor. The pressure triggered something totally
unexpected: an outpouring of pure and generous gifts. (2 Corinthians 8:2, Message)
B. SOWING THE SEED
1. The generous heart formula:
Great affliction + great lack + grace + abundant joy = abounding liberality
2. Miracle offering: a miracle offering is the giving of a special offering that is over and above our tithe, unlimited, generous, and given according to our faith
3. 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
4. Courageous generosity sowing seed and harvest: Seed time and harvest is God's law stamped into nature and into the Kingdom of God. We sow our financial seed believing God to water it and enable it to become a full harvest.
5. Believe in the seed: "For the seed shall be prosperous, the vine shall give its fruit, the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give her dew - I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these." Zechariah 8:12
II. GENEROSITY FAITH BELIEVES GOD SUPPLIES THE SEED
2 C ...
There are 10641 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!