This content is part of a series.
The Intentional Shift (1 of 5)
Series: Encountering the Holy Spirit
Pastor Frank Damazio
Introduction: People sometimes have heard terminology concerning the Holy Spirit, but they are largely unaware that He really exists, performs such and such role, and may be experienced. It is a fundamental revelation of Scripture that the Holy Spirit is a person in the same sense that God the Father is a person and the Lord Jesus Christ is a person. You can encounter God at this season of life, at this moment in your journey.
I. ENCOUNTERING THE HOLY SPIRIT
A. HOLY SPIRIT ENCOUNTER
1. God can meet you face to face. An encounter is a divine appointment. God shows up on your behalf. Encounter is marked by God's presence, power, and deliverance.
2. Holy Spirit Encounter: An extraordinary divine appointment with God's presence and power that radically revolutionizes your life and refreshes you with strength and sharpened vision
a. Isaiah 44:3: For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring.
b. Rev. 22:17, Message: "Come!" say the Spirit and the Bride. Whoever hears, echo, "Come!" Is anyone thirsty? Come! All who will, come and drink, drink freely of the Water of Life!
4. "Come Holy Spirit" prayer: Come into my life and fill me with Your presence. I invite You. I open the door. I ask You Holy Spirit to saturate me with a hunger for more.
B. AN ENCOUNTER NECESSITATES INTENTION
1. Intentional shift: on the "stretch" for God, for more of the Holy Spirit's work in our life and for giving room for God to work
2. Intentional stretchability: we allow the Holy Spirit to renew our souls, expand our vision, enlarge our capacity, and extend our reach to the world around us
3. When God is sought, He is found. When we pursue more of the Spirit, God is well pleased. He sends water on dry ground, floods of God's presence upon the thirsty.
4. Int ...
There are 13704 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.