The Empowering Encounter (3 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.The Empowering Encounter (3 of 5)
Series: Encountering the Holy Spirit
Pastor Frank Damazio
Introduction: We now focus on the mighty effects of encountering the Holy Spirit. We are not seeking an experience. We are seeking an encounter with Christ. Every disciple needs to encounter Jesus and the baptism with the Holy Spirit. This encounter with Jesus has profound effects upon our lives. One of these is the prayer language, spiritual language. This is to be exciting, dynamic, a spiritual tool in the believer's life that is enlightening, transforming, and ongoing daily.
I. ENCOUNTERING THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Holy Spirit encounter: An extraordinary divine appointment with God's presence and power that radically revolutionizes your life and refreshes you with strength and sharpened vision
2. Infilling encounter: Living life full f the Holy Spirit, thus living in an overflow of Holy Spirit activity
3. Empowering encounter: Encountering the power of the Holy Spirit that results in a new level of passion for praying in the Spirit and by the Spirit
B. JESUS IS THE BAPTIZER IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Holy Spirit progression:
a. At conversion, Jesus comes to live in the believer by the power of the Holy Spirit.
b. At infilling, God moves upon a believer with new awareness of His love, power, presence, and new dimensions of praying with the Spirit.
2. Luke 3:16 John answered, saying to all, "I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
3. New prayer language: A spiritual language is our personal prayer language given to us by an encounter with the Holy Spirit, a language never learned, a spiritual language made possible by the Holy Spirit flowing through us.
4. This experience is distinct from regeneration, conversion, and subsequent to it. Baptism or infilling occurs after a person is converted and thus is a separ ...
There are 12306 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!