This content is part of a series.
The Power Encounter (4 of 5)
Series: Encountering the Holy Spirit
Pastor Frank Damazio
Introduction: The Book of Acts will be our text as we see the Holy Spirit active: speaking, directing the work of the church. The Spirit is the power on which the church was built and cities turned upside down. We see that the Spirit is given with power and purpose.
I. ENCOUNTERING THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Holy Spirit encounter: An extraordinary divine appointment with God's presence and power that radically revolutionizes your life and refreshes you with strength and sharpened vision
2. Infilling encounter: Living life full f the Holy Spirit, thus living in an overflow of Holy Spirit activity
3. Empowering encounter: Encountering the power of the Holy Spirit that results in a new level of passion for praying in the Spirit and by the Spirit
4. Power encounter: Encountering the dunamis, the might, the ability, the force, and the energy of the Holy Spirit that works through us to do mighty things for God
B. DUNAMIS IN THE BIBLE
1. Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
2. Dunamis in Acts
II. THE POWER HAS A PURPOSE
A. THE POWER IS FOR GOING
Luke 14:23 Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.'
1. The GO definition
To move out intentionally
To move from where you are to where you should be
To move with focus and persistence
To proceed without delay
2. Go fact: We were redeemed in part for the purpose of reaching others for Christ. Therefore we will never be complete in our experience with God until we allow Him to use us to go and share the gospel with people.
B. POWER IS FOR PROCLAIMING
Isa. 52:7 Ho ...
There are 10543 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.