Marriage Makeover - Part 1 (1 of 8) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Marriage Makeover - Part 1 (1 of 8)
Series: Extreme Makeover: Life Edition
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE PASSAGE: Three Simple Commands
1. Christians: Submit to one another. (vs. 21)
2. Wives: Submit to your husband. (vs. 22)
3. Husbands: Sacrificially love your wife. (vs. 25)
MARRIAGE MYTHS: What Lots of Christians Think the Bible Says…
- Husbands lead - Wives adapt and follow.
- Headship means whenever spouses disagree - it's the husband's call.
- Submission means following your husband even when he's wrong.
MARRIAGE MAKEOVER: What the Bible Actually Says About…
1. We're ALL supposed to submit to the government - church leaders and fellow Christians! Romans 13:1-4/ Hebrews 13:17 and 1 Peter 2:13/ Ephesians 5:21
2. Submission doesn't mean blind obedience.
Daniel 6/ Acts 17:11/ 1 Samuel 25:2-42
LOVE and HEADSHIP
1. Agape LOVE puts the needs and interests of others first.
1 Corinthians 13:4-5/ Philippians 2:3-7
2. Christ-like LEADERSHIP gives more than it gets.
Matthew 20:25-28/ Ephesians 5:25-27
THE BOTTOM LINE: To Do Marriage Right…
- In matters of preference - give in.
In matters of eternal consequence - lead!
HUSBANDS and WIVES
- Treat your spouse BETTER than you treat anyone else.
- Forgive your spouse MORE than you forgive anyone else.
- Adapt to your spouse FAR MORE than you adapt to anyo ...
There are 2874 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1437 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!