Career Makeover - Part 2 (6 of 8) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Career Makeover - Part 2 (6 of 8)
Series: Extreme Makeover: Life Edition
Dr. Larry Osborne
THERE'S DANGER AT THE TOP:
And Sometimes In The Middle!
TODAY'S PASSAGE: Ephesians 6:9
Ephesians 6:5-8/ 1 Kings 12:1-7, Colossians 4:1 and Leviticus 25:43/ Matthew 7:2 and 18:23-35
THE KEY PHRASE: "In the same way..."
- Treat subordinates with respect and make them successful.
A SIMPLE COMMAND: "Don't threaten…"
- Fear-based leadership breeds contempt and encourages sabotage.
KEEP IN MIND: You share the same master!
HOW TO SURVIVE AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN:
The Two Traits Every Follower Wants In A Leader
Proverbs 20:28/ 1 Corinthians 13:1-4/ Psalm 15:1 and 4
1. LOVE - Put their needs first - Make their job and life better.
2. DEPENDABILITY - Keep your commitments and promises - ALWAYS!
HOW TO THRIVE AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN:
Five Powerful Questions
1. Am I setting an example?
1 Peter 5:1-3/ See also Jesus/ Nehemiah/ Paul
2. Am I treating people as I'd want to be treated or as I was treated?
Luke 6:31/ Proverbs 29:21
3. Am I willing to remove the rebel or poisonous personality?
Proverbs 22:10 and 20:26
4. Do I have thick skin?
5. Do I take responsibility and share credit?
Career Makeover (Part 2)
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. We saw in this week's teaching that a key princip ...
There are 2926 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1463 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!