This content is part of a series.
Spiritual Makeover - Part 2 (8 of 8)
Series: Extreme Makeover: Life Edition
Dr. Larry Osborne
STARING DOWN THE ENEMY: Ephesians 6:10-20
- This is not about avoiding pain, hardship or injustice.
- This is about standing tall in the midst of life's toughest blows.
Matthew 7:24-25/ James 4:7/ 1 Peter 5:8-10/ Hebrews 10:32-39
THREE TRAITS YOU'LL WANT IN PLACE
WELL AHEAD OF TIME
- Living in light of God's truth - Telling others the truth.
Ephesians 6:14/ John 14:6, 8:32 and 17:17; Romans 1:18-32/ Matthew 5:37 and Ephesians 4:25
- Trusting in God's righteousness - Living with nothing to hide.
Ephesians 6:14/ Isaiah 64:6 and Romans 1:17 and 3:22-24/ Ephesians 4:22-24 and Proverbs 4:18-19
- Peace with God - Limited conflict with others.
Ephesians 6:15/ Romans 5:1/ Romans 12:18 and Matthew 5:23-26
THREE THINGS YOU'LL NEED
IN THE BATTLE
- Trusting God enough to do what He says.
Ephesians 6:16/ Proverbs 3:5-7/ 1 Corinthians 10:13/ Hebrews 11
- Evaluating the situation with an eternal perspective.
Ephesians 6:17/ Romans 8:35-39/ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 and 11:23-29
- Applying the specific commands and promises that fit the situation.
Ephesians 6:17/ 2 Timothy 3:16/ Psalm 119:105/ Matthew 4:1-11/ 1 Corinthians 10:13
ONE HABIT YOU'LL WANT
TO PRACTICE DAILY
- Talking to God before AND during the crisis.
Ephesians 6:18-20/ James 4:2/ Matthew 6:9-13
Spiritual Makeover (Part 2)
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. This week we looked at some key traits to have ahead of time and steps to take in the midst of the spiritual battle. As we en ...
There are 3550 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1775 character sample of the full content.