This content is part of a series.
Pattern of Prayer (3 of 7)
Series: Company of the Committed: 7 Traits of Highly Effective Christians
Pastor Chris Brown
THE PROBLEM WITH PRAYER:
God wants us to be persistent.
Matthew 15:21-28/ Luke 18:1-8/ 1 Thessalonians 5:17/ Ephesians 6:18
5 KEYS TO TALKING WITH DAD:
1. You have to be on good terms.
Psalm 66:18/ Proverbs 1:23-28, 21:13 and 28:9/ Isaiah 59:2/ 1 John 3:22
2. It can't always be about you.
Ephesians 6:18/ James 4:3/ Matthew 6:33
3. It has to be a two-way street.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-2/ Proverbs 8:32-35/ Psalm 46:10/ Matthew 11:28-30
4. Just come with what you have.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-7/ Matthew 6:5-8 and 23:14
5. Your goal should be to connect with the one you're talking to, not to get what you want.
"Our worst sin is prayerlessness, because of what it says about who we think is really in charge."
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's sermon and study, is there anything you think you need to focus on to help balance or change how you pray and connect with God?
2. Is there anything you would like your Growth Group to pray about this week?
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. Outside of your parents, who are the people that have had the greatest influence on you?
2. How do you think people on the street would respond if you asked them what they believe about prayer?
3. Looking back at this week's teaching on prayer, was there a point or statement that particularly grabbed your attention more than normal or was a great reminder?
1. We saw in this week's sermon that we have to be on good terms to have ...
There are 3404 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1702 character sample of the full content.