Generosity (6 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Generosity (6 of 7)
Series: Company of the Committed: 7 Traits of Highly Effective Christians
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE POWER OF GENEROSITY
Proverbs 11:25; 22:9 and 28:22/ 1 Timothy 6:17-19/ 2 Corinthians 9:11/ Luke 16:11
It gains me favor with man AND God.
It allows God to trust me with more.
It allows God to trust me with true riches.
THE POWER OF MONEY:
Proverbs 30:7-9 and 1 Timothy 6:17/1 Timothy 6:9-11 and Proverbs 15:27/ Matthew 6:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 9:11-13/
Proverbs 10:22; Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 and James 1:16-17
It can mask my need for God.
It can tempt me to do incredibly foolish things.
It can last forever.
It can make life much better.
HOW TO BUILD GENEROSITY
INTO YOUR LIFE:
1. Trust God not MasterCard.
Proverbs 22:7/ Proverbs 21:17/ Proverbs 12:9
2. Get ahead by living BELOW your means.
Proverbs 21:20/ Ecclesiastes 5:10
3. Give to God off the top, not out of the leftovers.
Proverbs 3:9-10/ Genesis 28:16-22; Haggai; Ephesians 4:28 and 2 Corinthians 8:1-5, 12-13 and 9:6-11
THREE HUGE TAKE-HOMES:
Luke 16:11/ Genesis 28:20-22; Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18:26/ Proverbs 3:9-10
- How I use my money determines how God uses me!
- A tithe is a tenth!
- Always write God's check first!
TAKING IT HOME
1. Which of the three ways to build generosity from this week's teaching is your biggest challenge? Are there any steps you sense God calling you to take this week?
2. Make a list of as many things as you can think of that God has provided for you. Now take a moment and thank Him specifically for these blessings.
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at this week's teaching on "Generosity," was there anything that particularly surprised you, caught your attention, or you found to be confusing?
1. How do yo ...
There are 3747 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1874 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!