This content is part of a series.
Does A Valley Mean A Wrong Turn? (2 of 5)
Series: Urban Legends 2
Dr. Larry Osborne
A BRIEF LOOK BACK:
A STRANGE RESPONSE:
1. WHY AM I HERE? 3 Options
Exodus 14:1-31 and 1 Peter 4:19/ 2 Samuel 11:1 - 12:15 / Judges 1:19
- God sent me here.
- I messed up.
- Who knows?
2. HOW SHOULD I RESPOND? 4 Things to Keep In Mind
- The Enemy will always offer a shortcut - Don't take it!
- If it's a self-made mess - Accept the consequences.
2 Samuel 12:15-24/ Hebrews 12:5-12
- If it's a God-given assignment - Hang tough, don't run.
1 Peter 4:19
- No matter how you got there - The way out will always include …
1 Corinthians 10:13/ Judges 10:6-16/ Matthew 5:37/ Psalm 15:1-2, 4/ Philippians 2:3-5
- Doing The Right Thing
- Telling The Truth
- Keeping My Commitments
- Concern For Others
- Concern For God's Reputation
3. WHAT CAN I LEARN? 2 Observations
- There are always lessons to be learned.
- Even a bad thing can be a strengthening thing.
This week we looked at three powerful questions to ask when encountering a valley. Which of these three questions caught your attention the most and why?
The Apostle Peter's first book addresses the issue of Christians encountering persecution and valley-like e ...
There are 2914 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1457 character sample of the full content.