This content is part of a series.
God's Will: Deep Sea Buffalo Hunting? (2 of 3)
Series: God's Will: Blueprint or Game Plan?
Dr. Larry Osborne
Are You Deep Sea Buffalo Hunting?
Finding and Following
God's Basic Game Plan
1. Relax, it's not hard to find!
2. It's found on a highway called obedience.
Proverbs 4:18-19 and Proverbs 28:9/ Proverbs 14:6; 1:23-33 and Romans 1:18-32/ 2 Peter 1:3-12
- Start with what you know intuitively.
- Next, follow the Bible's clear commands.
So, before asking God where to live, what job to take or what college to go to - ask, "Am I. . ."
Following Christ 2 Peter 3:9 and 2 Corinthians 8:5
Controlled by the Holy Spirit Ephesians 5:17-18
Staying sexually pure 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
Thankful 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Submitting to authority 1 Peter 2:13-15 and Ephesians 6:6
MIRACLES and MESSES:
How God Leads In Special Situations
1. When God has a special plan,
it's usually revealed one step at a time.
See Abraham's story in Genesis 12:1-25:8
2. If I've messed up God's "Plan A,"
there's always a "Plan B."
Jeremiah 18:1-8/ Ezekiel 18:21-28/ 1 John 1:9
God's Will: Are You Deep Sea Buffalo Hunting?
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. This weekend we heard about "Deep Sea Buffalo Hunting" (looking for God's will in all the wrong places). King Saul did this big time. He wanted direction and he ...
There are 2936 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1468 character sample of the full content.