This content is part of a series.
Willing to Be Discovered? (3 of 7)
Pastor Chris Brown
A KING SIZED EGO:
A COMPROMISING SITUATION:
TURNING UP THE HEAT:
Lessons From The Furnace:
- Christianity is a call to be set apart, not to blend in.
- Whose script am I following, mine or God’s?
- What idols are keeping me from the One True God?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Thinking back to the person(s) you thought of in the third Getting To Know You question, what made this person different from other Christians you knew?
What can you learn from their examples that can help you when an opportunity to take a stand for God arises (keep in mind your own personality and the circle of influence you currently have)?
2. Looking back at the Lessons from the Furnace, which of the three lessons do you need to give focused attention to in your life?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from Willing to be Discovered?, which particular point most challenged you, confused you, or caught your attention?
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. What is something you’ve done that you think no one else in your group has ever done?
2. How many siblings do you have and what was your place in the birth order of your family? From your perspective, what are some of the advantages of your place in the birth order?
3. Chris talked about taking a stand for God this weekend. Can you think of any Christians you’ve known who were especially good at taking a stand? How did people respond to them?
1. One author defined what it means to pursue mo ...
There are 3381 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1690 character sample of the full content.