Weird Dreams & Idiotic Speculation (7 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Weird Dreams & Idiotic Speculation (7 of 7)
Pastor Larry Osbourne
- Daniel’s Literary Structure:
Daniel 1-6 = Stories of God’s protection
Daniel 7-12 = Prophecies of God’s protection
- Daniel’s Main Goal:
To show God’s power and protection even in the darkest of times
- A Sample Prophecy: (Daniel 7)
Four Beasts = Four Kingdoms
Babylon ? Medo-Persia ? Greece ? Rome
- Two Things Worth Noting:
1. Daniel didn’t understand the details of his own prophecies!
Daniel 7:15 & 12:8-9/1 Peter 1:10-12
2. They all predict great trouble followed by God’s deliverance.
Daniel 7:9-13, 17, 22-27/ 12:1-3
Some Guidelines & Cautions
1. Prophecy Has Two Main Purposes
Daniel 7:16-18/1 Thessalonians 4:13-18/ John 13:18-19/ Matthew 11:2-5/ Revelation 13:11-18
- To provide hope and confidence.
- To provide recognition (NOT to satisfy our curiosity).
2. Learn From The Past
1 Peter 1:10-12/ Mark 9:31-32 & Luke 24:44-48
- No one got it right the first time!
3. Avoid Speculation
Deuteronomy 29:29/ Proverbs 30:5-6/ Matthew 24:36/ 1Timothy 1:3-7/ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- It makes Christians look foolish.
- It’s more likely to produce arrogance than godliness.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there any change you sense God is asking you to make in light of Christ’s return?
2. Did your understanding of prophecy and its role in our lives grow or change from the sermon or homework? If so, ho
Growth Group Homework
NOTE: The goal of this week’s sermon was to provide us with guidelines and cautions as we look at the big picture of biblical prophecy. It didn’t attempt to answer all the questions about prophecy because nobody has all those ...
There are 4524 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!