This content is part of a series.
Can You Hear Him Now? (1 of 3)
Series: Can You Hear Him Now?
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE THREE VOICES OF GOD
1. THE BIBLE
2 Timothy 3:16-17, Romans 12:2 and 2 Peter 1:20-21/ 2 Peter 3:15-16 and Titus 3:8-9
- It provides God's point of view. (Commands, promises, principles)
- It contains real letters to real people.
- Worry about the clear stuff not the obscure stuff.
2. THE HOLY SPIRIT
John 16:6-13/ 1 Corinthians 2:10-16/ Philippians 2:13/ Romans 8:6-9
- He provides spiritual insight and understanding.
- He changes us from the inside out. (With both desire and power)
- He primarily guides us through our thought processes.
3. WISE COUNSEL
Proverbs 13:10/ Ephesians 4:11-15/ Hebrews 10:24-25
- Together we can decipher things we'd otherwise miss.
- Isolation is ultimately a sign of spiritual arrogance.
THE ONE THING MOST PEOPLE
DON'T FACTOR IN
- Sometimes God sends us into a tough battle
or through a deep valley.
1 Peter 1:6-9/ Matthew 4:1/ Hebrews 5:8
WHAT IF THE THREE
- The Bible trumps everything else.
Acts 17:11/ 2 Timothy 3:15-16/ 1 Kings 13
- The Holy Spirit trumps wise counsel - But ONLY IF you are
Acts 17:11/ 2 Timothy 3:15-16
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. In 1 Kings 13:1-26, we see the consequences of not listening to the clear voice of God. After reading ...
There are 2961 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1480 character sample of the full content.