Does God Really Talk To People? (3 of 3) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Does God Really Talk To People? (3 of 3)
Series: Can You Hear Him Now?
Dr. Larry Osborne
- The Elijah Story
1 Kings 17:1 - 19:13
- The Elijah Principles:
Matthew 2:12 and 2:22 and Acts 9:10-11/ 1 Corinthians 12:7-12
- We want thunder and lightning. God likes to whisper.
- Don't expect the rare to be common.
-God primarily speaks through Scripture.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 and 2 Peter 1:3-11
WHEN SOMEONE CLAIMS TO HAVE
A WORD FROM GOD FOR YOU...
- Don't despise it - Don't blindly follow it.
1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
- If it contradicts Scripture - it's not from God.
Acts 17:11/ Deuteronomy 13:1-5
- God sometimes draws straight lines with crooked sticks.
- The one and done principle.
WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE
A WORD FROM GOD FOR SOMEONE ELSE…
- Unless ABSOLUTELY certain, say,
"I think God told me" rather than "God told me…"
- It's our job to deliver the message.
It's their job to weigh it and respond.
Acts 11:27-29 and Acts 13:1-3/ Acts 21:10-15
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. In 1 Samuel 3:1-14, God speaks to Samuel when he is a boy. Sam ...
There are 2487 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1244 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!