This content is part of a series.
Jericho - When A Wall Needs To Fall (3 of 7)
Series: Crossing The Jordan: Life Lessons From The Book of Joshua
Dr. Larry Osborne
Joshua 6:1 - 27
Big City, Big Wall, Big Problem
THREE ELEPHANTS IN THE PASSAGE
Joshua 2:1-24/ Joshua 6:17, 21, Genesis 15:12-16 & 2 Peter 3:9
1. Rahab’s big lie
2. Jericho’s shaky walls
3. God’s wrath
THREE BREAKTHROUGH PRINCIPLES
When A Jericho Blocks Your Path
1. Never confuse God’s patience with weakness – or approval
Galatians 6:7-8/ Genesis 15:12-16, 2 Peter 3:9
2. The first and the best always belongs to God
Joshua 6:17-19, 24/ Proverbs 3:9-10/ Matthew 26:7-13 & Revelation 5:11-13
3. The path to victory is found in obedience –
not in yesterday’s (or someone else’s) battle plan
Joshua 1:7-8 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17/ Joshua 6:2-5, Joshua 8:1-3 & Acts 16:6-10
The Two Sides of Obedience:
1) What does the Bible say?
2) What does the Spirit say?
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. This weekend, Pastor Larry zoomed in on the story of Joshua leading the Israelites into battle against the fortified city of Jericho. Joshua had a significant encounter with God right before the battle. Read about it in Joshua 5:13-6:7 and make a few observations about Joshua’s response to and interaction with God.
Joshua knew about Moses’ encounter with God found in Exodus 3:1-6. Notice the similarities ...
There are 2911 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1456 character sample of the full content.