This content is part of a series.
Landmines In The Promised Land? (7 of 7)
Series: Crossing The Jordan: Life Lessons From The Book of Joshua
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE END OF THE STORY –
Sort of. . .
THE PROMISED LAND’S
MOST DANGEROUS LANDMINES
1. Unrealistic Expectations
Joshua 23:1-6 & Joshua 1:6-9/ Hebrews 11:13, 32-39/ Judges 1:19/ 1 Peter 1:1-9
- Leads to disappointment with God
- The kingdom of God is both right now and not yet
Joshua 24:13-14, 31/ Deuteronomy 4:9; 6:10-25 & 8:10-18/ Proverbs 8:13 & 6:16-19
- Leads to fear
- Leads to arrogance
3. Small Compromises
Joshua 23:6-7/ 1 Samuel 15:1-35
- 95% obedience is still disobedience
Joshua 23:9-16 & 24:19-21/ Proverbs 1:7 & Romans 8:13-16
- Only a fool counts on God’s promises while ignoring His warnings
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. King Saul is an example of someone who demonstrated the half-hearted obedience that Joshua was concerned about in Joshua 23 & 24. In 1 Samuel 15, we read about God giving Saul a mission that he failed to carry out completely. Because of that, God sent the prophet Samuel to confront him. How do Saul’s actions demonstrated in 1 Samuel 15:6-26 reveal his half-hearted obedience?
In what ways does Saul try to justify his actions?
Can you think of any ...
There are 2763 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1382 character sample of the full content.