This content is part of a series.
God Wants Me Happy (3 of 7)
Series: Urban Legends 3
Pastor Jesse Bradley
- We try to fake it.
- We try to chase it.
- We try to force it.
DOES GOD CARE IF I'M HAPPY?
- Enjoy what God has approved.
1 Timothy 6:17/ James 1:17
- Let the massive blessings sink in deeply.
Colossians 1:27/ Colossians 3:16/ Romans 8:1
- Sometimes God weeps for us.
ARE THERE SOME THINGS BETTER
THAN MY OWN HAPPINESS?
1. Someone else's happiness.
Hebrews 11:25-26/ Ruth 1:17
2. Wake-up calls that return me to God.
Amos 4:6-11/ Luke 15:16-17
3. Trials that change my character.
Matthew 5:3-10/ James 1:2-4
4. Sacrifices that expand God's Kingdom.
Jonah 4:6-11/ Mark 10:29-31
What are the specific times that we need to delay our happiness?
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. This week we heard how the trials that change our character can be better than our own happiness. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus listed a number of attitudes and actions that result in a blessing but would be c ...
There are 2505 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1252 character sample of the full content.