A Tip Is A Tithe (5 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.A Tip Is A Tithe (5 of 7)
Series: Urban Legends 3
Dr. Larry Osborne
HOW DID 10% BECOME 2.5%?
A MINOR PROPHET'S
Haggai 1-2 / Daniel 1:1-2/ Ezra/ Nehemiah/ Zechariah
The Situation and Key Players:
- A time of great economic hardship and struggle.
- A small group of good and highly committed people.
If You Always Have A Hole In Your Pocket - Here's Why!
- Why There Is Never Enough (1:1-11)
- Quick Obedience (1:12)
- God's Immediate Response (1:13-2:9)
- How Disobedience In One Area Impacts Every Area (2:10-14)
- A Promise And A Blessing (2:15-23)
THREE STEPS TO
1. Give to God off the top no matter what.
Proverbs 3:9-10/ 2 Corinthians 8:12-13 and 9:6-11/ Philippians 4:15-19
2. Decide to live within your means no matter what.
Proverbs 12:9 and 21:17
3. Decide to live a step below your means no matter what.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. Jesus warns us about over-valuing our possessions in Luke 12:15. After reading this verse, describe the "abundance" of your life using Luke's statements as your guide. Why is this important to consider when talking about finances?
2. Our priorities usually drive the extent of "financial freedom," contentment and generosity we have. It's also true th ...
There are 2784 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1392 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!