Until Death Do Us Part? (3 of 10) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Until Death Do Us Part? (3 of 10)
Series: Who's In Your Fave 5?
Pastor Chris Brown
THE VERSES BEHIND THE VOWS:
A great marriage will be full of trouble.
1 Corinthians 7:28
You can't fall in love; you can fall in emotion.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is a choice.
Submission is not: one-sided
Submission is putting the needs and interests of someone else above your own.
A 50/50 marriage is a doomed marriage.
It is all about the little things.
Mutual submission means clearly stating your expectations.
Expectations unsaid will always go unmet.
1 Corinthians 7:1-5
TAKING IT HOME
1. When you see your own marriage or other relationship in one of the "stages" that Chris talked about, do any prayer requests come to mind? Is there anything that needs to be done or anything that you need to continue to do for your relationship to move toward a more mature love?
2. Is there anything you would like to change to be more obedient to God in the area of submission?
3. Are there any other expectations that you would like to discuss with your spouse or friend?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, was there a particular point, story or Scripture that challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. This week Pastor Chris made it clear that love is a choice and not an emotion. Can you come up with some things that you have done to choose to love someone, even though you didn't feel like it? Have you ever been on the receiving end of that kind of unconditional love?
2. Many of us have been through the "cycle of marriage" or have been through a similar cycle in other relationships. Take a minute and really think through what it is like for two people to be in each stage of the cycle li ...
There are 4315 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!