The Great Divide (4 of 47) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.The Great Divide (4 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
A Brief Look Back
A Tale of Two Offerings
- What Was Wrong With Cain's Offering?
Hebrews 11:4/ Hebrews 9:22/ Proverbs 3:9-10/ Haggai 1:2-11 and 2:15-19/ Malachi 1:10-14
1. It was bloodless
2. It was less than his best
- Notice God's Response:
Genesis 4:6 and 10-16
- A second chance and mercy (even in judgment)
A Tale of Two Kingdoms
Genesis 4:17-5:32/ 1 John 3:11-13/ Colossians 1:13 and Ephesians 2:1-19
- The Descendants Of Cain
- The Descendants Of Seth
Five Well-Intended Offerings God Still Won't Accept
1. Good deeds and moral living
Romans 3:23/ Isaiah 64:6/ Galatians 2:21
2. A clear conscience
Jeremiah 17:9/ 1 Corinthians 4:4/ Proverbs 3:5-6
3. Spiritual sincerity
John 4:23/ 1 Corinthians 10:20/ 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
4. Religious rituals
Amos 5:21-24/ 1 Samuel 15:22/ Micah 6:6-8/ Psalms 51:16-17
5. Cut and paste obedience
Matthew 28:20/ 1 John 2:3-5/ 1 Samuel 15:1-35
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what's most important for you to remember and why?
1. This weekend we heard how Cain fell into the trap of thinking God is OK with getting our second best. How does Matthew 25:14-30 clarify what giving our best looks like (note - modern day equivalents to a talent could be skills, abilities, money, possessions ...
There are 3221 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1610 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!