This content is part of a series.
The Weirdest Story In The Bible (5 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Pastor Chris Brown
What we don't know:
Genesis 6:1-4, Jude 1:6-7, Job 1:6, 2:1, 1 Peter 3:18-22, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Who are the sons of God?
Who are the daughters of men?
What we do know:
Genesis 6:1-7, Matthew 24:36-39, 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
The issue was choosing the ungodly over the godly
The culture was defined by its:
- Fallen heroes
- Sexual perversion
- Widespread corruption
- Violent headlines
God's grace was given a deadline
The choice we're left with:
Romans 8:5-17, Psalms 139, John 4:22-24, Galatians 2:20, 2 Chronicles 16:9, Ephesians 4:29-32
1. Follow what is popular and cause God grief and pain
2. Find God's favor by obedience and walking with him
TAKING IT HOME
1. We heard this weekend that some of us walk with God and some of us just visit him on the weekends. What do you see as the next step in your continued pursuit of a godly life?
2. Are there any situations you need to avoid or navigate better to strengthen your walk with God? If so, explain.
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you?
1. The sermon gave us a window into God's response to our sin. What was your response to hearing that God grieves our sin?
2. This week we saw how at times we can get trapped in idolizing ungodly people and not realizing the influence of an ungodly culture. Can you think of an ...
There are 3250 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1625 character sample of the full content.