This content is part of a series.
Compassion For The Sick (2 of 4)
Series: Compassion - Make a Difference
Introduction: In this message, we focus on Jesus the compassionate savior who ministered to our great needs through His great compassion. He is the God who is full of mercy, never running out of love or kindness. He brings hope to people. We get tired. We have a compassion limit that may turn into compassion blindness, a lack of feeling toward people in need. This series aims to open your heart up to the fresh feel and flow of Christ's compassion for people. Today's message is "Compassion for the sick." Christ ministered the whole gospel to the whole person: spirit, soul, and body - healing the whole person.
I. COMPASSION DEFINED
A. BIBLICAL BASIS FOR COMPASSION
1. Ps. 145:8-9: The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.
2. Matt. 9:35-36: Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
B. COMPASSION DEFINITIONS
1. Compassion is:
a. To go where people are hurting
b. To enter into places of pain
c. To share in brokenness, fear, and confusion
d. To cry out with those in misery
e. To mourn with the lonely
f. To weep with those in tears
g. To be vulnerable
h. To make a difference
2. To be moved with compassion is to have a depth of feeling for people who have a need, showing love, kindness, and care; it is giving a taste of God to unsuspecting people anytime, anywhere, to anyone.
1. Matt. 14:14, NLT: Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
2. Matt. 4:23-24: And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching ...
There are 16753 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.