This content is part of a series.
Managing My Resources Wisely (6 of 7)
Series: Biblical Money Management
Introduction: God evaluates us as servants using His resources, not as owners using our own money and resources. Since all we do should glorify His name and extend His work on earth, how we go about using His money is crucial. It is the quality of financial management, not the quantity of finances managed. Godly biblical money management is a matter of how and not how much. It's not how much money you make but what you do with the money you have.
I. MANAGING MY RECEIVING
A. MANAGEMENT IS A DISCIPLINE
1. Biblical money management is a discipline that touches every area of my life and requires constant focus.
2. Managing is managing resources by biblical principles that allow God to bless me and other people through me.
B. GOD USES MONEY TO TEACH US
1. To establish a dependence on the Lord and to trust Him.
2. To develop a spirit of gratefulness and contentment.
3. To teach us to live within our means.
4. To help us enjoy our life, possessions and blessings.
5. To give us direction by having or not having sufficient resources.
6. To determine who is the Lord of our life.
7. To manifest His supernatural power to us.
8. To deliver us from wrong motives and attitudes, He will take money from us.
II. WHAT IS FINANCIAL FREEDOM
A. FINANCIAL FREEDOM IS AN ATTITUDE. OUR ATTITUDE MUST BE TO USE OUR RESOURCES TO SERVE GOD, HIS CHURCH AND OTHERS, NOT JUST TO COMFORT MYSELF.
1. Wrong Concept: Financial freedom is freedom for ourselves through freedom from others. It is the ability to retire early, be debt-free, and be financially independent. These are American lies.
2. Wrong Focus: His entire world is full of himself and his things. He cannot see the need for others.
a. Luke 12:17-19 And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?' So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greate ...
There are 7732 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.