A Wonderful Life Of Thanksgiving
Here is a list that several housewives compiled. They wrote that that were especially thankful for:
- For automatic dish washers because they make it possible
- For us to get out of the kitchen before the family comes back in for their after dinner snacks.
- For husbands who attack small repair jobs around the house because they usually make them big enough to call in the professionals.
- For children who put away their things and clean up after themselves. They're such a joy you hate to see them go home to their parents.
- For teenagers because they give parents an opportunity to learn a second language.
- For smoke alarms because they let you know when the turkey is done.
Thanksgiving Day is a wonderful time to reflect upon the goodness of God! And God has been good to all of us in America! Each November we set aside a day in which to give God thanks for all that He has done for us! Of course, we all enjoy a meal together with our families and friends, as we will partake of today, and on Thursday! We also enjoy the football games, and parades. But let me go on to say friends, that if you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, and a shelter with heat and air-conditioning, and a vehicle to get you around with, you are richer than most of the people on the earth.
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November. It has officially been an annual tradition since 1863, when, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of ''Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens,'' to be celebrated on Thursday, November 26. As a federal and popular holiday in the U.S., Thanksgiving is one of the major holidays of the year. Together with Christmas and the New Year, Thanksgiving is a part of the broader holiday season.
The event that some Ame ...
There are 24123 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.