Dear God, Please Hear Me (Why God doesn't answer)
• A young man asked his girlfriend, "Can I kiss you?" and she was silent. Next, he asked, "May I kiss you?" again, she was silent. Finally, in frustration he said, "Are You deaf?" Without hesitation she replied, "Are you paralyzed?"
• Have you ever spoken to God giving Him your deepest request only to hear silence? Have you ever wondered why God is not listening to your prayers? I have. In fact, there have been times when my prayer has simply been "help" and that prayer, at least it seemed to me, fell on deaf ears.
• I can remember praying for a young girl with cancer to recover and she died.
• I've prayed for couples who were having tough times to stay together and they got a divorce.
• I've prayed for people to respond to a message and accept Christ and they didn't.
• I've prayed for the Saint to win and they lost.
• Have you ever prayed, "Dear God, please hear me?" Again, I have. Honestly, most of the time God answers one of 3 ways. He says, "Yes, your request is holy and is in my will" or "No, this request is unholy and outside of my will" or even "Wait. The timing is not right." However sometimes, He is silent. While there can be many reasons why this happens, Isaiah writes about this very subject (Text)
• Verse one tells us that it's not always God's fault. When things don't go 'our way' we do our best to blame it on someone else, but God hands and ears are working fine. (Read rest of text)
1) The Reasons - Candidly, there are more reason why God might not hear and answer than we have time to mention, but this text mentions 3 specific reasons. Before we call out the issues let's make a note of the true culprit, "YOU." In verses 2 and 3 we discover 'you' or 'your' over a half-dozen times. It's not someone else, it's me.
a) Because of Sin - (Vs 2-3) The text says, "Your iniquities, Your sins, Your hands, Your fingers, and Your Lips" have all built barrie ...
There are 9276 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.