Dear Old Dad - Family Ties
Sociologists tell us that the "father-child relationship" is the weak link of the family, but Scripture suggests that fathers in some way reflect the Fatherhood of God. So dear old Dad is clearly under pressure to perform. Can we help?
I. Dear Old Dad from a Sociological Perspective.
A. The innate closeness of mother and child.
B. The relative distance of father from child.
C. The resultant upside and downside.
1. A degree of remoteness conducive to respect, etc.
2. Fathers assist in the weaning process.
3. Possibility of emotional withdrawal.
4. Tensions balancing domestic and occupational demands.
II. Dear Old Dad from a Scriptural Perspective.
A. He should be honored by his children. vv. 1 3; Colossians 3:20
1. It is "right," it holds "promise" and "pleases the Lord."
2. And because he earns it.
B. He sho ...
There are 1994 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 997 character sample of the full content.